I had such a wonderful time with you and the family this Spring Break. It was such a nice vacation. So nice to relax again, to have no real schedule, to take it easy with the people I love. I felt refreshed on Monday and had a good day. But now it's Wednesday, and I already feel like I need another vacation. It's 8:52pm and the boys are still awake. No wonder I stay up each night until almost midnight. My evening Mommy Time can't get started until 10pm, by the time I get the house chores done!
I have been seeing Daddy Wren make more appearances lately. On my first day back I thought I saw a wren feeding the babies. Then I realized it was Dad bringing Mom a bug snack. In fact, I just witnessed Daddy Wren catch a moth that was resting on the back sliding glass door and give it a good shake-down before flying off with it. I'm sorry you're not here to witness it. I hope the wrens come back next year for you.
Our new neighbors moved in today. The moving truck was unloading when I got home from school today. I saw the mom for half a minute when I went to greet the boys off the boys. We waved and I was going to go over and say hello with the boys, but she was gone by the time we dropped their backpacks in the house. I had planned on making an apple pie this week, since it sounded good on vacation. I think I will make an extra and bring it over to the new neighbors and officially meet them.
I am thinking about talking to Tammy about my reading with Logan. I just can't keep up with it when we have a baseball game or practice the same day. That happened both Monday and Wednesday this week. It's just one more thing that eats up my time in the afternoon with the boys.
I started a 30-day challenge at the beginning of March. It was a photo-a-day challenge, with an assigned topic for each day. I liked that the topics were varied and gave little glimpses into my life.
It lasted 7 days....
I still want to finish the photo challenge, but I think I will have to start fresh in April. Going out of town twice in March messed it up.
I haven't gotten back in the groove with Copper's exercise yet and I paid for it tonight. I had to drive to school Tuesday (story time) and Wednesday (library) this week. And I elected to drive the boys on Monday since we all slept in past 7:00am after getting back late on Sunday night. Your mom gave him a run around the golf course on Monday. And I gave him my best Frisbee exercise yesterday afternoon. He just wouldn't run for me. Tonight after baseball I gave Copper some decent Frisbee throws in between supervising the boys' showers. But while he was off searching for the Frisbee, I went in to check on the boys. When I came back, Copper was no where to be found. I knew he went out for a run, and there was nothing I could do at that point. I continued bed time, and by the time I got the boys settled down in their beds Copper was cooling off on the back porch. Thank goodness.
I'm not sure how it happened, but I have another honey-do for you. We now have two broken screen doors. I saw Copper run right into and mangle the metal frame of our kitchen screen door shortly after you left. Today I just noticed that the screen in our bedroom screen door is pulled out of the bottom. I have been leaving the doors open a lot lately with the beautiful weather we have been having. Copper enjoys lying by the screen door at night, and the damage looks like it could have been his mistake again, but I didn't witness it this time. Side note: The night before last I really wanted to sleep with the doors open, but sprinklers had been running on the golf course that night and it smelled so bad that I just couldn't handle it. Bummer.
Do you remember before you left how the receiver got stuck on a song and wouldn't go back to the main menu for Pandora? It happened again. I think you were able to refresh it by unplugging it for a few minutes. It is an easy fix (which I haven't gotten around to doing yet--not a big priority), but I thought you might be interested in knowing about it.
I took care of the oil change this afternoon. I had them do the full check and everything (including tire pressure) looked fine. I will still have the tires rotated and balanced if you like. In the car today I mentioned how smudgy the windows were. Ryan offered to help me wash them this weekend. How sweet! And a great idea. I might even wash Copper while I'm at it.
I'm glad that you have been enjoying some beautiful weather. I hope you continue to have some perfect days for hiking.
Ryan asked who was taking him to baseball today: Oma? No. Daddy? (...???...) We miss you and love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment