It's been so nice talking with you on the phone lately. You sound so upbeat. I hope that you are thoroughly enjoying the trail.
Things are continuing to go pretty well at home, but baseball is killing me. This year seems worse than others, even though I have more help than I could ask for from your parents. I feel kind of bad that I am missing so much of watching the boys play...kind of. The after-school and bedtime schedules have been difficult. I feel like I have been rushing and hounding the boys to do their homework, and rushing and hounding the boys to go to bed. And, even with my rushing they aren't getting to bed before 8:30pm each night. Not late compared to some kids, but late for our kids who wake up early and are used to a good night's rest. Ryan especially is having a hard time of it. It would be nice to have you here to help with the evening schedule. But, hopefully we can figure things out soon. Then we only have two months more of school. And, I have a whole week of Spring Break to rest up: no school, no homework, no baseball!
Spring is here for real. I have been leaving the doors open this week and have enjoyed listening to the birds going crazy in the mornings. The orange blossoms have opened up and are filling the air with their sweet scent.
I noticed the wren sitting in her nest on Monday morning, and each morning since. The nest is so high, I haven't been able to look in yet. I am also trying to respect her space and not make more of a ruckus than necessary.
Copper is doing well. We have been exercising him. A couple of nights I have had to exercise him using the Aerobie and hit a tree every two out of three throws. I am sure that Copper misses your super-throws, but he still gets excited any time he sees me pull out his flying disc. Ryan is making sure that he hugs Copper every day, and Copper doesn't seem to mind. He settles down easily with the boys when they visit your parents. And your parents have taken Copper for a run around the golf course every now and again.
Looking forward to seeing you. I hope you're ready for the invasion of space you are sure to experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment