Thursday, March 8, 2012

Dirty Sock Club

A couple of weeks ago, Ryan hung a flag on his door. Below it, a handwritten sign read, "Stay out!"

The only problem is that Ryan's flag is a sock. A previously worn sock--dirty, but not too stinky. The rule of the room which this sock-flag symbolizes is: Only people who wear dirty socks are allowed to come in.
How he come up with this idea, I can not begin to guess. As bizarre as it is, I love the way this kid's mind works. It is quirky and funny. He just tickles me.

Dealing with Ryan's dirty socks is a challenge, to be honest. He takes them off in the middle of the night and they fall behind his bed. Or, he just tosses them under his bed in the morning. About once a week I find a collection of maybe five or seven socks (odd numbers, of course). As much as seeing dirty socks around the house drives me crazy, I have allowed this dirty sock to remain, proudly hung as Ryan's flag.

No comments: