Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Jen's Sister

Okay, so this photo is four years old, but it's the best one I have of the three of us. Can you tell we're sisters? Yeah, especially when we're side-by-side.

However, I was shocked last night when someone came up to me at Todd's baseball game and said, "You're Jen's sister?" I had never seen this person before in my life. "Uhh, yes." (And you are...?) "I'm Nick." (The name sounds familiar, but I'm still drawing a blank). Brett comes to my stupored rescue. "Hi. And who are you?"
Turns out he's Jen's boss. Jen had mentioned to him that she came and watched one of Todd's baseball games. He was on his way to his son's game, and at first he thought I might be Jen. The only logical conclusion he could make was that I was Jen's sister.
I knew that we had family similarities, but I didn't realize that we looked so much alike that a stranger would be able to pick me out of crowd and know who I was. Honestly, I think that's pretty cool. I have always thought that family similarities were cool--something that ties us together. I love recognizing similarities in other families, but I always have a hard time seeing it within my own. I still don't see any similarities between Todd and Ryan, but maybe as they get older those similarities will come out. I'll be watching and waiting.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Heh - I used to get that all the time growing up.

"Are you Becca's sister?"

Yes, yes I am.

On a different note: My hair looks huge!!!