Monday, March 23, 2009

Next Up: Shutters

Good news. The roof is finished, and here's the "after" picture to prove it.

I don't know what I was thinking when I thought the guys would be able to finish in one day.
I was thinking, "Hey, there are five hard-working guys up on that roof. How long can it take them to re-roof a simple house?" The answer: two days. I am so, so, so very glad that Brett decided to hire it out. If he did the work the himself I would have had to help him. I know I would have been sick of tired of roofing by the time the project were completed.
Aaaah. A nice, new roof. Completed.

The next project, you ask? Painting the shutters.
We need a bold color to liven up the house. Brett is thinking about a color in the red family. I was thinking a nice charcoal gray. We will probably go with something similar to color of the door: brown with red tints. Brett is considering painting the garage door the same color. I am inclined to keep the garage door and columns a cream color.
What do you think?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I like the idea of keeping the columns the white/cream color. I think it'll make a nice accent even if you do the garage the darker color. Then again, I'm partial to pillars. I think they're so pretty!