Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I Love Legos

I don't know how we managed to do it, but about a year ago we lost Harold's head. I kept waiting and hoping that it would show up. Now I am sure--it is not in our house, and I have no idea where it is. What do you do with a headless helicopter? I was so sad for Harold, and sad for my boys who could no longer play with Harold. [For those who don't know, Harold the Helicopter is one of the Thomas and Friends characters. Lego makes some of these Thomas characters in their Duplo series.]

This past fall and Christmas the boys received some new Lego sets with the little pieces. It didn't take them long to lose a few (!!). I went through the sets, put them together, and figured out which pieces were missing. There were about 8-10 missing. I went to lego.com, but wasn't able to find two of the pieces (three, if you count Harold's head). So, I called up Lego and told the customer service rep which pieces I was having trouble finding and ordered all of the missing pieces. Then I sheepishly asked if there was any way I could order Harold's head separately. She sadly informed me that this set was discontinued. Bummer! I thought maybe I could find something on ebay. But then, a surprise. She told me that they would be sending all of the pieces to us free of charge! I was so excited!

A week or so later, we got our package in the mail. The boys and I ripped the package open, ready to finish building our sets, and what do you think was included in the package? . . . You guessed it! Harold's head. I love Lego!

Left: Harold Before (well, after his loss--before his head replacement)
Right: Harold After. Oh, to be whole again! What a delight!

Todd studiously puts together the Indiana Jones camping set.

Speaking of the camping set, I always thought these bugs were supposed to be scary spiders. Ryan pointed out to me that they had the bottom of an ant. I counted the legs and discovered there were only 6. What's up with that? Scary fire ants?

This is Ryan playing Legos. . . or not.

No comments: