Monday, October 27, 2008

More Dress-Up

I thought I was successful in creating Halloween costumes that the boys could enjoy all month long (and then some) this year when we put together our Indiana Jones costumes. Todd showed me another Halloween costume that has gotten its share of playtime.

This was my first attempt at sewing a Halloween costume (it's an alligator, in case you were wondering), and one of the few projects I had attempted to sew independent of any outside help. Todd wore it when he was three years old, and because I had made the hood so big, he can still wear it. Todd put it on (out of the blue) the night before last and wore it all night long (including sleeping in it).

This little boy just makes me laugh sometimes. Last night Ryan put on pajama shorts for bedtime. Then, he decided that shorts were too cold and he changed into warmer PJ's--the first time these have been worn this season. Rather than putting his shorts away in the dresser like I had asked, he decided that they would make the perfect "sleeping hat". He was so excited when he woke up this morning and found that his "sleeping hat" was still on!

Another thing that Ryan did that made me smile last night was the way he said his prayer. Ryan has a lot of "conversations" in his prayer. He likes to tell Heavenly Father about what he did, what he wants, what he thinks is funny, stuff like that. Last night he said something like, "...and I love Mom because...'cause...Hm. Hm. Hm...'cause she puts me to bed and leaves the door open like that" (surely pointing to the door at the same time--I had my eyes closed).

No comments: