This morning I was dressed in some light sweats and a moderately form-fitting (at least around the mid-section) shirt--comfort clothes. While I was getting breakfast ready for the boys Ryan said something to the effect of, "Mom, you look like you have a baby in your tummy." . . . thanks.
So, to my girlfriends who keep telling me that I look fine, sometimes even "good"--I know better. Four-year-olds don't lie about these things. And, I have known the truth of his statement for quite a while.
The funny thing is that even though my tummy bothers me, I am okay with me. In fact, I am so okay with me that I still went for that chocolate cookie an hour later!
Now I need to make sure that I teach Ryan how big of a faux pas he committed. I was not (that) offended, but I would have been mortified if he had tried this statement out on someone else first.
No comments:
Post a Comment