Friday, October 24, 2008

Being Indiana--The Hat

Perhaps you have been able to tell that the favorite superhero around our house lately is Dr. Indiana Jones. Both boys are dressing up as Dr. Jones for Halloween. They decided on that early this month. I have already made their whips and bag, bought their brown pants, found one hat that will work (from Daddy), and on Wednesday our neighbor let us borrow their hat.

Ryan wore this hat all day yesterday, and he's not even that much of a "hat person". He had on his brown pants and a white shirt and often had the bag and/or whip with him. It was so cute. Above, he plays with his Indiana Jones Legos. Ryan brought me the DVD case for one of the Indiana Jones movies and asked me to read it. "Look, this is "R". What does this say?" I would tell him "Raiders . . . of the Lost Ark." He kept asking me to read the word "Raiders" throughout the day. Mildly obsessed?

This morning Ryan told me that he wanted to wear his Indiana Jones pants again. I told him that they were in the laundry, since he wore them all day yesterday. He said he really wanted to wear them, because they make him look cool. I may try to do a quick load of laundry so he can wear them again (and look cool).

This is the most use I have gotten from a Halloween costume ever! I love it.

No comments: