I hesitate to share this, but I figure--why not? Isn't this what the Internet (or at least the blogging community) has come to--sharing your life through your amateur writing, photography, and film directing, acting, singing, or performing?
One of the books in my Dr. Seuss collection is "The Cat in the Hat Songbook." Though I have owned the book for quite some time, I had never attempted to play through the songs before. The boys and I came across it a few months ago, and at their request I tried learning some of the songs. They are silly songs, a little melodramatic, and very fun to sing. One of my favorites is "Happy Birthday to Little Sally Spingel Spungel Sporn." I sang it to Ryan in honor of his birthday, and though you can't tell in this video (because it was about the tenth time he heard it that day) Ryan really enjoyed sitting with me and sometimes joined in. I think my mom would appreciate this music if no one else would.
The camera was set up on a tripod. Todd's job was to press the big button to start and end the filming. However, he decided to get a little more involved in the directing, which created an interesting effect.
I felt like I sounded better when I was singing than I actually do. I sense that my voice is a little too sweet and not dramatic, silly, or funny enough. I hope you enjoy it, and I hope I don't embarrass myself too much in the sharing.
1 comment:
awww cute! your voice sounds so pretty!
maddie was waving at you the whole time she was watching the video - wanting to know if she could talk to you!
Post a Comment