Ryan wanted a helicopter cake last year. I was a little scared about that undertaking. I found no pattern to go by, but I talked to my mom and she gave me some ideas. In the end, I thought the cake looked great.
A few months ago Ryan informed me that he wanted another helicopter cake this year. However, about a week ago when I asked him more about his cake he told me that he did not want the same kind of helicopter as last year. He wanted one with two propellers on top. Great--another cake with no pattern!We went to the library yesterday and I asked Ryan to show me a picture of the helicopter he wanted. We looked at a number of helicopter books with no success. I thought maybe Ryan wanted a cake that looked like the V-22 Osprey, but that wasn't it. Ryan clearly had something specific in mind. So, we went online and searched for helicopters. When we came across the photo for the CH-47 Chinook helicopter, Ryan excitedly proclaimed, "Yes! that one!"
Although I did not spend too much time decorating the cake and doing fancy piping, I think it still passes.

I can't wait to see what Ryan has me doing next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment