I have gone easy on the birthday celebrations lately--a little too easy. I should really plan ahead a little better, especially when it comes to setting the date and time and sending out invitations. Instead, I called a few friends about two days beforehand and asked if they would be interested in coming over for a playdate in honor of Ryan's birthday (Ms. Manners I am not). That was my main objective: let Ryan have some fun playing with his buddies, seeing that he's so lonely these days without Todd around. I didn't want to make a big deal, but let's just call it what it is--a party! Maybe I'll learn from this and do better for Todd's birthday by sending out invitations and blowing up some balloons.
I did try to keep it small, only inviting four other families. That doesn't sound like much, but when you add it up we had nine little kids (most of them boys) running around.
Things were so casual that I didn't even stress about the fact that the cake toppled over. At least I had already taken my official photo.
I didn't have enough little chairs to go around. No worries-the kids can share...If only it were that easy!
Happy Birthday, Ryan!



1 comment:
Now that's a cute baby if I did say so myself!
Post a Comment