One of his favorite stuffed animals has been his "Soft Teddy Bear" (so he was called in the beginning). This sweet teddy bear lovey was a gift from Sigrid, Ryan's cousin from Germany [first cousin once removed, to be exact]. A few months ago Ryan wanted to bring him to Oma's house. (By now he was called "Sweetie Pie, a name I still hold dear.) Ryan told me that Sweetie Pie wanted to stay at Oma's, and there I sadly let him stay. Sweetie Pie had his own special place at Oma's, on the corner of the big screen television, to welcome Ryan whenever he came to visit. When Elke and Sigrid came to visit a few weeks ago Sweetie Pie was renamed "Deedee Bear". Ryan wanted a special photo taken of Deedee Bear. Here is Deedee Bear, with Ryan and Elke [his second cousin].

Earlier this week Oma was watching Todd and Ryan and it was after their usual bedtime when I came to pick them up. Ryan was sad about leaving and was having a hard time. We passed by the television and Ryan spotted Deedee Bear. He reached out and picked him up. I asked Ryan, "Do you want to bring Sweetie Pie home?" Ryan (through his tears) answered, "Yes. . . No. Deedee Bear!" Obviously, the name Sweetie Pie is done with.
Today Ryan informed me that Deedee Bear's birthday will be the same as Maddie's. They will be twins! I asked Ryan if they had the same parents. Ryan answered "No. His mom is the T-Rex and his dad is the long-neck."
No comments:
Post a Comment