Wednesday, February 29, 2012

For Brett, From Home (2/29/12)

Another little gem from Ryan yesterday morning:

Ryan: Mom, what if you had a baby while Dad was on the trail? And Dad couldn't come to see.
Mom: Whoa. That wouldn't be good. But, it takes babies nine months to grow.
Ryan: Really??
Mom: Yeah. And I [sucking in my stomach] don't have a baby in my tummy right now. So at least we don't have to worry about that.

The wren nest in the garage looks great, and I still see the birds in the garage some mornings. I haven't seen mama bird sitting in the nest yet, but I still think that they will take up residence. I felt bad for the birds yesterday. We were in a rush to get to the bus stop. I went through the garage to put my rollerblades on, shut the garage door behind me, and skated off with Copper. When I got back from our run I saw that the front door was open. Apparently a little boy did not shut the door completely and the wind blew it open the rest of the way. I came inside to find both of the wrens flitting about. Copper and I took them by surprise and they got a little nervous. I opened the back door and a short time later they escaped, one from the front and one from the back. I did have a clean up a few little droppings on the dining room floor....

Kristie and I are narrowing down the cabin for Spring Break. It's hard to believe how close it is getting. After hearing how disappointed you were about not seeing Copper, I asked Kristie if we could go back and look for a pet-friendly location. I hope that it works out and that I can give you that surprise.

No comments: