Friday, February 24, 2012

For Brett, From Home (2/22/12)

To ease your mind a little, I think Copper is doing well. He doesn't seem to be mopey. He is eating well. He didn't each much on Monday, but seems to have a normal appetite again. He does seem a little anxious anytime I go to leave the house. He always wants to tag along and gets very excited for his daily walk. I invite him up on the bed, and he stays there at least long enough for me to fall asleep (which, gratefully, is not that long).

Yesterday the wrens added a little more nesting material to the corner of the Coke bottle shelf. Today, when I came home from working at the library the nest appeared almost complete! I hope to share more news on that front as the next few weeks progress.

Your parents have already been a huge help. Just their promise of help has been a huge help. I have already booked them for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday this week!

No surprise, my bedtime hasn't altered from Midnight any day this week. I was hoping tonight would be different, but it's not looking very promising....

I had a hard time getting motivated yesterday. I couldn't figure out what to do with myself and ended up wasting almost the entire day in front of the TV (presumably doing laundry). At the end of the night I made a promise to myself that I would not turn on the TV today. I have kept that promise and have been happier for it. I knew this would be a challenge for me--managing my time well, limiting distractions, and getting sleep.

This afternoon Outlook didn't want to work right for me, so I decided to reboot the computer and give it a another chance. When the computer tried to restart, it wouldn't open up to my welcome screen. I let it sit for a minute, turned off the power for a mintute and tried again. I repeated this process about two more times, getting more nervous each time. Why wouldn't my computer start? And where was my Brett to solve my problem?!? Then I took a breath, and thought. (Did you catch that? I really thought about it.) I haven't been having any problems with the computer. Why, when all seemed to be going smoothly, would it decide to freeze? What was different? That's when I noticed that my iPod was still plugged in, charging. Could that be it? I turned off the iPod, unplugged it from the computer, and restarted my computer--successfully! Problem solved!! By myself!!!

I need to start compiling a list of all the questions I have for you. I keep added questions to my mental list as I go about my day. I look forward to hearing the details of the hike and really getting a feel for what it's like.

We miss you and love you. I'm looking forward to talking with you again.

No comments: