Thursday, February 2, 2012

Bulbous Bouffant . . . Macadamia

I got to see my twin sister Lisa in Utah this past November. Okay, so she's not really my twin. In fact, she's nine years younger than I am. In other words, she's like fifteen--or something close to that. But whenever we get together with the family we are undoubtedly called by the other's name. All.The.Time. Especially by Mom. So, we decided to have a little fun with it. Lisa straightens her thicker-than-mine hair every day. Every Day. This was the second time in my life I had straightened my hair. I am just too apathetic--and lazy, I've concluded.

What do you think? Can you see the sisterly resemblance?

Lisa straightened my hair the night before I flew back home. That day I enjoyed the silky smooth feeling of my new hair and looked forward to seeing what Brett thought about it.

As you may know, Winter has passed us by this year. We have been enjoying the season called "Humid" for months now, with very brief reprieves. The night that Brett picked me up from the airport in the convertible was no exception. By the time we got home, there was only a hint of the formerly silky smooth hair. By morning, all traces of it were gone. Ah, Florida.

I got three inches of my hair cut off this week, and we haven't had a dry day since. Which means that somehow I am sporting what I can only describe as a modified bouffant.

It's not exactly a bulbous bouffant, but when considering my hair this morning I couldn't help but think of this "song". The first year that Brett and I were married we lived in Tallahassee and drove "home" once or twice a month. Sometimes on the drive we were rewarded with a little Dr. Demento time on the radio. That is when I discovered this gem. Just saying the word "bouffant" brings back memories.

Be forewarned. It's catchy.

(And, just for fun, here's another one of Brett's favorites.)
(Why stop there? Brett, this one's for you.)

5 comments:

Nancy, Jeremy, Jack, Julianne, and Cole said...

Your hair looks beautiful and I can see the resemblence. I undertsand- I've been sporting a ponytail every day it rains- why bother?!

beccatemecula said...

I hear you! I'm questioning myself on cutting my hair too short to pull up in a ponytail....

Lisa said...

I loved doing your hair! It was so pretty!

I understand not wanting to do it everyday. I've been a bit lazy myself now that it's been long for me to pull off the ponytail. But I still do it a lot.

That humidity.. I don't miss what it does to my hair.

Lisa said...

Side note: I think we look more alike in person than in pictures.

beccatemecula said...

Lisa, I think you might be right. I think we look more alike in person.