I will admit that I was a little nervous about flying over this big ocean for so many hours. (If something happens to the engine, we are going straight down into that freezing cold water where, even if we survive, no one will ever be able to find us--I made sure those kinds of thoughts were few and far between.) Mostly what I felt was pure excitement, and a little worry about my ability to communicate.
While I was in Germany, I enjoyed myself completely. I knew that my family was well taken care of. And I knew that in three short weeks I would be coming back home with an exciting adventure to share with them.
When my time in Germany was up, I knew it was time to go. After all, three weeks is a fairly long time to leave your kids for a vacation. I was starting to miss my family; I was looking forward to a big hug from Brett, and I had lots of kisses to plant on the sweet necks of my boys. It was time to come home.
As I looked out the window of the plane I was struck by the beauty of the clouds. And then I felt the sadness of saying good-bye. I missed Germany, and I hadn't even made it home yet.

I had such a wonderful time with Sigrid and her family. The weather could not have been better. I saw so many new things, tasted such wonderful food, learned so much--everything was perfect. Absolutely perfect.
When can I go back?
No comments:
Post a Comment