
The policemen on motorcycles began the parade. Ryan had a great time waving to the parade participants in the beginning. I noticed that he didn't wave so much towards the end. I'm not sure whether Ryan was trying out a new wave, or if he was just having fun playing with his shadow.

The clowns from the First United Methodist Church always do a great job at community events like this: so colorful, cheerful, and fun--not weird or scary. Our church also did a float titled, "Southern Style Christmas" to go along with the parade theme of "Old Time Christmas". I think the hope was to let the community know that we are also Christians. The missionaries followed behind passing out candy canes with a verse from the Bible.

What do the kids like most about the parade? What do the parents like least about the parade? . . . C A N D Y ! ! !

You better believe I wore my Santa hat to the parade!

The above photo of happy mommy and children was taken in the Kmart parking lot. I was going to return something while we were out and about. Unfortunately, Todd and I were not paying close attention and I bonked Todd's head when I closed the trunk. After giving Todd a snuggle I looked down to see blood on my shirt.
We skipped the errands and went straight home.
Our church Christmas party tonight is a Polar Express theme, so after listening to the book on CD in the car this morning, I decided to follow it up with the movie when we got home. I was still feeling sorry for Todd, so I also made the boys some "Hot-Hot-Hot" while they watched the movie. Watching a movie was about the only way I could get Todd to keep an ice pack on his boo-boo.

What do the kids like most about the parade? What do the parents like least about the parade? . . . C A N D Y ! ! !

You better believe I wore my Santa hat to the parade!

The above photo of happy mommy and children was taken in the Kmart parking lot. I was going to return something while we were out and about. Unfortunately, Todd and I were not paying close attention and I bonked Todd's head when I closed the trunk. After giving Todd a snuggle I looked down to see blood on my shirt.

We skipped the errands and went straight home.
Our church Christmas party tonight is a Polar Express theme, so after listening to the book on CD in the car this morning, I decided to follow it up with the movie when we got home. I was still feeling sorry for Todd, so I also made the boys some "Hot-Hot-Hot" while they watched the movie. Watching a movie was about the only way I could get Todd to keep an ice pack on his boo-boo.


1 comment:
I just heard that our church float won first place in its division. Congratulations to all those who put it together!
Post a Comment