Monday, December 1, 2008

Shoes-0, Attic Stairs-1, Becca-2 1/2

There's nothing like having an injury that screams, "I was stupid!" (Just two days before a chorus performance!)

I was getting ready to pull some of my holiday decorations out of the attic this morning. I pulled down the door to the attic stairs in the garage, then saw all the shoes lying around my feet that had been thrown willy-nilly by the boys. I thought, "I am going to end up tripping over these shoes when I start carrying boxes back into the house." So before folding the stairs all the way out, I knelt down and put away the shoes. Next thing I know, I am standing up and clunk my face in the corner of the hanging stairs. Ouch!

I immediately ran inside and grabbed a cold pack and kept it over my eye for at least 15 minutes. I think it really helped keep a lot of the swelling down. I am anxious to see whether I wake up black and blue in the morning. Like my mom said--"Makeup. Lots of makeup." Only, my face still hurts too much to really touch it.

Here's how I calculated the scores:
Shoes-0 - They never succeeded in tripping anyone.
Attic Stairs-1 - See above.
Becca-2 1/2 - Despite the delay I experienced this morning, I did not give up on my holiday decorating plans. I still managed to 1) hang up my simple outdoor lights and decorations, 2) put up my Charlie Brown tree, and 3) start hanging ornaments on the tree with my boys. I even went back into the attic to put away the boxes I was finished with.

The way I see it, I still came out ahead and was filled with quite a bit of Christmas spirit this afternoon.

1 comment:

Madawyh said...

oh no! i'm glad it wasn't worse!