Saturday, December 6, 2008

Let's See How Long This Lasts

As I was unpacking my decorations for Christmas, I came across a sweet little Santa hat I bought for my babies. I thought I would play a joke on Brett (Mr. Bah Humbug) and put the little hat on Brett's Christmas present from last year--his cuckoo clock. Brett loves his cuckoo clock. I don't mind cuckoo clocks in general, but the style of this one is quite manly. All three of the boys voted on this clock. I voted for a cute house where a little boy and girl spin around on the hour, but I was outvoted. I put the hat on the clock on Tuesday, and it's still there four days later. I can't believe Brett has not noticed it yet! I am certain that if he noticed it he would have complained about me desecrating his cuckoo clock. I am curious to see how long the hat will stay. I think it's quite cute, actually.

1 comment:

beccatemecula said...

This evening at dinner Brett asked, "So, who desecrated my cuckoo clock?" He says that he noticed it sometime over the weekend.
Two things that surpised me: 1) it took him that long to see it; and 2) he didn't remove the Santa hat.
Maybe he's not really as "Bah Humbug" as he makes himself out to be....maybe.