Ryan and I missed coming to Mile Club a couple of times at the beginning of the year. However, we have faithfully been going each Thursday, and received our first toe token today. Ryan has been looking forward to this all week. He couldn't wait to finish his first card and get a toe token like the other big kids at school. Todd finished his first card about two or three weeks ago. Ryan picked a clear orange toe token and a white chain. I picked out a red toe token and a purple chain.

Ryan can't wait to show his toe token to Logan this afternoon. For someone who thinks walking to Todd's bus stop is "too faaaaaarrrrrr," keeping up with the kids at school and even running on the track sometimes is a big deal for Ryan. And I am proud to say that although we got a late start, we are still ahead of some of the kindergartners.
4 comments:
They're doing the same things at our school...Amy is the one who is in charge of updating the class progress and the class with the most miles will get a prize of some sort.
Adam has three feet already and is proud of it.
That's a neat idea. I don't think they reward the classes at Todd's school. Do they involve the families at your school, too?
I have been surprised by how much this means to Ryan. He is still carrying his toe token around everywhere.
They don't reward families, just the school children.
Post a Comment