These two simple phrases made my day this morning.
First:
Ryan has a Speed Racer shirt which he inherited from his nieces (or he stole from them, I'm not sure...). Ryan would wear this shirt day after day if I let him. In fact, I have had to tell him to put it back in the laundry basket more than once this week. Ryan was disappointed (again) that he couldn't wear it today. Luckily, Todd had good news for him. "Ryan, Mom is washing your 'Mini-Do' shirt this morning." To which Ryan happily replied, "Ya-hoo!!" That's every bit as good as a "Thanks, Mom!" in my book.
[I couldn't tell you why they refer to Speed Racer as Mini-Do. I'm still trying to figure it out.]
Second:
Every morning I make Todd's lunch before school. He has a few Lock & Lock containers which I use to pack his lunch in. This morning I had the square container with four small compartments. I try to give Todd a variety of moderately healthy foods, including at least one container of a fresh fruit or vegetable. This morning I prepared a chunky peanut butter and marshmallow creme half-sandwhich on whole wheat bread, dried mangos, carrot sticks, and some Nabisco Honey Maid Bees. Todd had been watching me make his lunch, wondering out loud what I would put in the compartments. When I was finished he reviewed my selections and said, "Thank you for such good choices, Mom." His comment made me feel so good that I snuck a small sugar cookie in with the honey bees.
Perhaps my young children really do appreciate my efforts as a homemaker. Joyous thought!
No comments:
Post a Comment