Todd's activities including filtering sand through his fingers, writing in the sand, rolling in the sand, and smiling--lots of smiling.


Ryan's activities included digging--lots of digging--and at one point, walking like a "frog" (though it looked more like a crab to me).

I talked Anne into coming with us with Maddie and Wyatt. They ate lunch with us and played for a little bit, but had to go home a little early for naps. We'll have to plan another beach date when we can play longer in the sun.

Here's proof that Anne was there. Somewhere out there is proof that I was really there, too.

I made the boys keep their shirts on and stay out of the water until our friends left. Otherwise, Anne would have killed me for letting Todd and Ryan tempt Maddie and Wyatt getting into water right before she had to leave.
By then, the weather was rather pleasant. I took off my sweatshirt, rolled my sweatpants up to my knees and looked oh, so stylish (luckily for me, there's no photo to prove that).
I had so much fun watching the boys. They played together so well, looking in the tide pools, finding and collecting little white shells, running, splashing, and digging together. Knowing that the beach can change significantly from day to day and that the tide was higher this afternoon, I was suprised that we were still able to locate where the tide pool ("puddle") was from the previous Saturday. The boys also discovered the "pit" where Ryan had been digging, though it was now filled with water.
What another lovely afternoon!





No comments:
Post a Comment