If Ryan's act-like-a-dog obsession were complete, we would have avoided today's incident which involved climbing. Dogs can't climb. So, why did I find my little puppy on the very top shelf of the closet?? Here he is on his way down. He was actually sitting on that top shelf in the corner, getting the special racecars out of the box with the tracks.
This boy has a sense of humor! Let me tell you, he was oh-so-proud of himself. (This photo was taken before he and the racecars were sent to timeout--separately.)
Anne, boys really aren't as bad as they may seem. I am sure that little girls have the ability to drive one crazy, just in different ways.Fortunately, Ryan makes up for his antics by being so cuddly. It's hard not to make comparisons between your children. I love both of my boys, but they are so different. Ryan loves to make people laugh, and will often break some rules to do it. He can't sit still at the dinner table, but if you need a snuggle he's your boy.
Todd has a healthy respect for rules. Some of his favorite songs to sing before bed are the ones he makes up to the tune of "Book of Mormon Stories". The lyrics go along something like this: "We can always do the things that God tells us to do." However, Todd also loves a good laugh and thinks that little boys who break the rules are especially funny. See where I'm going? Although Todd would never think of climbing to the top shelf of the closet himself (that's not allowed, after all), he sure encourages Ryan in this behavior with his laughter. Only every once in while when he thinks things are getting out of hand or too dangerous does Todd tattle. And occasionally, when it looks like too much fun, Todd will join in regardless of the rules. Though Todd has the attention span of an older grade-schooler, he can't sit still for a snuggle-on-demand. He still asks for a snuggle once in a while, but I can see that I will be chasing him around the kitchen trying to get a hug from him when he becomes a teenager--just like I remember my mom chasing my brother David.
So we're left with: snuggly rule-breaker, or prickly rule-keeper?
1 comment:
Oh those boys! I know my own little boy will one day follow in the wise Ryan's footsteps - as he'll have taken notes from toddlerhood on I'm sure.
For now I'm staying busy keeping him off tables and kitchen counters ... hmmm sounds familiar - wasn't it RYAN who was - and obviously still IS - a climber?
Remind me to keep them separated when we're playing!
Post a Comment