Donna, this is for you.
I hope you are able to view the video of Dixie and Copper playing here. I'm sorry that you had trouble viewing it before. I think the best thing from Dixie's point of view about staying in our house is the fact that she is able to play with Copper. We don't let her roam free outside very much, because we often have a hard time getting her to come back to us. And I know that I don't pay much attention to her during the day (just like I don't pay much attention to Copper or Sandy...), and we haven't been working on training. But, she is being fed and kept safe. And best of all, she and Copper have been getting along together very well. We had a big rope in our dog supply box that had never been played with really. I pulled it out to let Dixie chew on it, and biq the dogs love playing tug with it. They are not agressive towards each other--they just have a good time.
I have not been paying too much attention to Dixie, but the boys have probably been giving her all the attention she wants. Sometimes I think they smother her a little too much, but she usually doesn't seem to mind. Every once in a while she will come to me as if to say, "Can you get those boys to give me some space, please?" But she has never growled at them and is very tolerant. Todd likes to snuggle up to her and use her for a pillow.


While I think that Dixie has been happy enough here, I know that she will be so happy once you are here and she doesn't have to share the attention with two other dogs and two little boys. She is a sweet girl, and with some training and maturity I think she will be a great dog for you. We're happy that we've been able to help in some small way in your transition as you get ready to move to Florida. We can't wait to have the family all together. The boys talk about you all every day. They are just as excited as we are. See you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment