Thursday, January 22, 2009

Knock, Knock...

We have entered a a kind of funny, albeit slightly annoying, stage that all kids go through--that of of the bad joke, or worse, the bad knock-knock joke. As in:
Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Orange.
Orange Who?
Orange. I'm drowning in the bathtub!

This is, of course, a combination of two knock-knock jokes I shared with my kids at their request. Surely you are all familiar with the oft-repeated (and very annoying, even when told correctly) banana-banana-banana-orange knock-knock joke. The second joke is the only other one I remember from my childhood. I thought it was hilarious at the time, so it stuck with me.
Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Dwayne.
Dwayne Who?
Dwayne the tub. I'm dwowning!
Ryan thought this joke was really funny, but obviously he missed the pun. However, now all of his knock-knock jokes have to include this punch line, whether they fit the joke or not.

The boys totally did not get one of my favorites:
Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Sam and Janet.
Sam and Janet Who?
Sam and Janet evening.... [Which you have to sing (with feeling) to the tune of "Some Enchanted Evening"--I think that's the part that scared them.]

Here's another that I like and feel is appropriate to end on. (Naturally, the boys aren't able to reproduce this one on their own, either.)
Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Sarah.
Sarah Who?
Sarah reason you're not laughing??

No comments: