We have been in Utah doing lots of fun activities for the past two weeks. Maybe I can post pictures. This week the boys and I experienced our first rodeo, the Lehi Rodeo Roundup. We bought our tickets a week ago and have been looking forward to it. I thought it was a lot of fun, and I think the boys did, too. I missed the memo that I needed to curl my hair, put on a fun top, and wear my jeans, cowboy boots, and hat, of course.
I was quite impressed with the participants, including the rodeo royalty who rode their horses around the arena between each event carrying a flag/banner of one of their sponsors. There was one girl who was flying each time she went around.
I was also impressed with the cowboys I saw both in the arena and in the stands. I didn't realize I was such a sucker for strong, good-looking, country cowboys. But they were everywhere. Sadly, there were two injuries in the rodeo. Both of the guys were able to walk out, but I wonder how serious the injuries were. I hope they are okay. Although I just admitted to being a sucker for a nice cowboy, I really wouldn't want to see my man competing in a rodeo.
The boys also enjoyed watching the motorcross riders doing their stunts and crazy jumps. (Another activity I wouldn't want to watch my man doing.) While they were clearing the equipment from the stund riders there were some rodeo princesses signing autographs. We were only in the second row and Ryan hopped down and got in line with the other kids to get an autograph. Another part of the fun and excitement.
Ryan asked if we could go see the rodeo again tonight. Tempting.
No comments:
Post a Comment