Monday, April 9, 2012

For Brett, From Home (4/9/12)

It was so nice to talk with you last night and the night before. I can't remember the last time we talked on the phone for an hour. I'm glad that you had a nice trail town to enjoy this beautiful spring weekend.

I'm sorry I wrapped up our conversation last night with the sad news of our dearly departed wren. I know these things happen in nature, but I worry about the two fledglings who may not be able to make it with one of their parents gone. You kind of had me freaked out about the possibility of one of the babies getting stuck somewhere in the garage. I did a quick search through the garage and didn't see anything. I think they found their way out. One of them left behind a poopy mess on the window of the back door that I will have to clean up. Ewwww.

Speaking of poopy messes. On my way back from the store this morning I noticed that the golf course was watering our road with their big poop-water sprinklers. There was absolutely no way around. I rolled up all the windows in the car and forged ahead through the spray. Now my car stinks! I think I am going to have to pull it back out of the garage and give it a rinse. Pardon me for a moment....  Whoo-eee! Peee-eww!

I took Copper for an evening golf course run yesterday. He was limping pretty badly on Saturday, so I didn't exercise him. He seemed better yesterday, but I am still nervous about running him on the road.

I've watched a few movies on Netflix this last week or two while trying to get chores done. I am a little embarrassed by how cheesy they may seem, but they were perfect for me. Light chick-flicks (including some ABC family originals) that are not objectionable and don't require much concentration. Here are some of the titles: "Revenge of the Bridesmaids," "My Fake Fiance," "Love's Kitchen," and get this one (I smile and cringe as I type it.) . . . "Pizza My Heart".  I'm thinking of watching "My Future Boyfriend" next. It doesn't matter that I can't hear you laughing me at me--I'm laughing at myself!

I just got off the phone with your mom to discuss our weekly schedule. This is a necessary phone call each week. We will continue to have more scheduling phone calls as the week progresses to coordinate baseball games and practices, as well as other kid-watching needs. I'm looking forward to summer.

My sink spilleth over. This weekend of holiday activities has done a number on my kitchen. I've been so worn out the last two evenings that I haven't been able to catch up. It hasn't been this bad in a while. Today's job: dishes and laundry. If I could only finish those two things I would be a happy homemaker.

I never got to ask you how you enjoyed the Easter messages (and my drawing of Copper) we sent you in the mail drop. I still laugh that some of my messages made it into the hands of fellow hikers: "[heart] I love you, Brett! [heart]," "Hugs and Kisses from your Hun: [heart] X O X [heart] X O X [heart]," "You're one in a million! I'm proud of you for living your dreams." and "Keep it up! Our thoughts and prayers are directed to you." I'm glad that I didn't say anything too embarrassing. I don't mind that they know that you are loved and supported from home. You do indeed have our support and love (especially mine).

No comments: