To my sisters more hair-and-fashion-conscious than I,
[In this case I mean "sisters" literally, not just the general "sisterhood" of women--although any of you are welcome to comment.]
Since our genetics have handed us similar hair that is prone to be dry and frizzy with a little wave thrown in for good measure, I am relying on your experience and good advice. [You don't mean to tell me that I'm the only one who got the dry, frizzy hair...?]
Coming back from my two holiday trips this year I have discovered that the wall-mounted hair dryers provided in the hotels did a better job with my hair than the one I have at home (which is also the same hair dryer I have had since high school!).
Needless to say, I am in the market for a new hair dryer, but don't know where to start.
I don't get out much when it comes to hair and beauty supplies. Only in the last year have I started making more of an effort with my hair (not that I have much to show for it). I am still just as cheap as ever (forget "frugal"--I'm cheap when it comes to hair products). I really don't want to spend $100 on a new hair dryer (please tell me a good one doesn't cost that much...). I don't even want to spend $50 on a good hair dryer. Can I find a decent one for $30? Have you found a good one you like that might be in my budget? What should I look for when purchasing a hair dryer? Or does it really matter, because any new hair dryer will be better than the twenty-year-old one I currently have?
Anxiously awaiting your replies.
1 comment:
Well, to tell you the truth, I rely more on my flat iron than my hair dryer. (In the case of flat irons, price does matter. Though I don't think you'd go that route anyway.) I've also found that any hair dryer will do, especially if the one you're using is older.
(I currently use a blue "Travel" model that cost around $20.)
I do recommend using Bed Head's "After Party" product. A little goes a LONG way and you can even buy it cheap at Wal-mart. It's a BRIGHT pink bottle in the shampoo/section. I bought mine about a year ago (at least) and still have half the bottle to go. It might've been $10. I'm not 100% sure. It's a hair smoother, so it should help with the frizz. Use a little before blow drying, and a little after. What's nice is you don't get that chemically feel, either.
You could also use a round brush for blow drying as well. It may not interest you as much, but I use one to help blow dry my hair in layers and to prevent it from becoming a huge fro after I blow dry. It does take out some of my wave though, so..
That's my experience with things. Jenni probably has better ideas since she lives in the same climate. Climate does make a huge difference as well.
Good luck and let us know what you decide!
Post a Comment