Monday, April 12, 2010

I Want My Todd!

This morning Ryan woke up calling out, "Todd! . . . Todd! . . . Todd! . . . Save me! . . . Todd! . . . Save me! . . . Todd! . . . Todd! . . . Todd! . . . Save me! . . . Todd!"

I crawl out of bed to go to the rescue of my youngest son (mostly to stop the noise), because it is clear that Todd is not responding. I curl up next to Ryan, put my arm around him and think, "This could be just as nice as my bed."

Only, instead of appreciating my loving gesture Ryan calls out, "No, not Mom! I need Todd to save me. . . . Todd! . . . Todd! . . . Save me!"

Without saying a word I get up, pass Todd on my way out, and crawl back into my own bed.

Evidently Todd was successful in his efforts, because the noise stopped. And by the time I got out of bed for real, the two of them were playing nicely (and making a big mess) in Todd's room.

Thank goodness for big brothers.

2 comments:

beccatemecula said...

This scene was repeated today. I went in to "save" Ryan. He said he needed Todd to save him. I asked Ryan what he needed Todd to do. "He needs to stop me from falling into the spider lava pit."

Amy said...

Precious story, and it will probably come in handy as they get older.

(LOL @ the spider lava pit.)