Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Fast! Go, Joe!

In the moments before I fall asleep I often pester Brett with some of the most random thoughts. A few nights ago, after getting up to put medicated chest rub on my coughing son I came back and asked Brett:

Me: Do you know what I love? . . . Fast Orange (which I sometimes refer to as "Agent Orange"). It is so great for cleaning hands. It worked great getting that slimy lotion off. Do you think the average Joe knows about Fast Orange?
Brett: I don't know.
Me: When did you discover Fast Orange?
Brett: Like when I was 14.
Me: I mean, it's great for washing your hands after gardening, and getting greasy things off . . .
Brett: Well, that's what it's marketed for. But Fast Orange isn't the only stuff out there.

By now I have started drifting back to sleep and am already in a car with my driver. Suddenly the driver hears someone call out, "Go, Joe!" He quickly opens the car door and rolls out in a very James-Bond-like maneuver.

Brett: GoJo.
Me: Huh?
Brett: GoJo. That's another big name.
Me: Weird.

Half-asleep or not, I love Fast Orange and am thankful to my husband for introducing it to me.

No comments: