A few years ago when Sigrid came to visit I told her, "Someday, I would love to visit Germany. I have always wanted to see Europe." Sigrid answered, saying that I was welcome any time to come and stay with her.
The following year, when Sigrid came to visit again she told me that I really should come. I said that it was definitely in my future. But the boys were still young....
Yet again, Sigrid asked when I thought I might visit Germany. "Oh, I don't know. I really want to. Someday, I will."
Finally, Sigrid said something to the effect of, "Rebecca, 'someday' will never come unless you make it happen. So, when is it going to be?"
She was right.
And so it was that last year I start planning for someday. It turns out that someday is really September 9, 2009.
I can't believe that I am really going to Germany. I have Sigrid to thank for making it possible--taking care of accommodations, acting as my translator and tour guide, and inspiring me to make it happen.
I'm sure that I will have lots of photos when I come home. Let's hope that I share them. In the meantime, here is a little taste of where I am going.
2 comments:
take me with you one day :) How fun would that be - the two of us - no kids - traveling Europe for a few weeks! Ah the dreams :)
Yes, fun!
I can hardly believe that this dream of mine is becoming a reality.
Post a Comment