Yes, I have noticed this weird stuff going on with my forehead.
It started about a year ago with one small light strip that really did look like a curling iron burn. Of course, I haven't owned a curling iron in at least a decade. [It's so weird that I can say that about certain things. I mean, a "decade" may just as well be "half-a-century" for as long as it sounds.] With time the marks became longer and darker.

I had an appointment with my dermatologist who confirmed that these brown spots are completely harmless and most likely a result of changing hormones. (Like it took my body four years to figure out that I'm not pregnant anymore?)
The other good news is that it can be treated with good results. The bad news is that the whitening cream can be very expensive, has to be applied every day, and has to be covered with a minimum SPF 30 every time you step out of doors or it can come back. Since these spots are completely harmless, I think I'll skip the treatment for now. It sounds like more effort (and money) than I am willing to spend for something that isn't bothering me. So, get used to the face above. This is me--spots and all.
Now, the treatment for the red eyes you see in this photo is easy and inexpensive: Go To Bed!
[Yes, I do love my Turbie Twist. I would recommend it to anyone with longish hair. I can't even consider my hair "longish" anymore, and I still love it.]
2 comments:
Early liver spots. That's what they are. ;P
Meaning that I've "lived" such a full life that my body is showing signs of wear and tear "early"?
That doesn't sound so bad. I can almost construe it as a compliment. "I've had a good, long life in my thirty (or so) years."
Thanks! :)
Here's hoping for thirty (or so) more full years and the spots to go with them!
[and even if that's not what you had in mind when writing your comment, I kind of like the sound of it]
Post a Comment