Wednesday, June 17, 2009

More Silly Faces

Todd asked if he could take some pictures with my camera this morning. What followed was a little modeling shoot with Ryan. Ryan was making a very serious face-bordering on a scowl. Todd directed him to make a silly face. Ryan asked, "What's the matter with this face?" In the end, Ryan gave Todd what he wanted: silly faces worth shooting.


Todd also managed to capture the reason why the dogs aren't so crazy about Ryan.

Goldens are a great breed, but even they have their limits. Ginger is staying with us for a few days. While she loves the boys (and they love her), I don't think she fully appreciates the head-lock Ryan has her in.
I have also noticed lately that Copper has become a little less tolerant of Ryan. In that way Copper has reminded me more and more of his momma, Sandy. I have tried to teach Ryan the proper way to show attention to dogs. But Ryan prefers to pat rather than pet; he likes to hug the dogs; he gets in their face a little quickly and loudly when they are resting (sometimes in cramped spaces). I can't say that he is extremely rough or hurtful to the dogs. But he is just rough enough and erratic enough to make Copper not trust him completely. Perhaps Ginger is more tolerant of Ryan because she doesn't have to live with him every day.

No comments: