Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Kindergarten Field Day

So many outings to post--so little time. I'll just do what I can, when I can. For this morning's viewing pleasure I will record my first Field Day as a mom. Ryan and I watched Todd's two-hour Kindergarten Field Day. I really enjoyed it. Ryan got a little bored (read snuggly)...
and a little silly. Say "Cheese!"

Todd and his best school friend David eat lunch together every day. I'm sad that David's military family will be moving this summer. The boys have had a lot of fun together this year.

David and Todd did the Three-Legged Relay Race together. They did a good job. No falling. Their class got third place. (Yeah! A ribbon!)

It was a hot, humid day. The kids were rewarded with some fun water relays at the end, including this pass-the-bucket relay. The kids got soaked and loved every minute of it.

Ryan didn't get to participate in the water relays, but he did enjoy playing in the puddles made by the water relays.

Mrs. Blackburn leads the kids in a "Shake, shake, shake!"

Did we have fun? Yes, we did!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Mrs. Blackburn?!

How long has she been teaching there?? I swear it can't be the same Mrs. Blackburn from 20 years ago...

(Though she was not my kindergarden teacher, I knew other kids in her class!)

beccatemecula said...

The very same! This is actually her last year teaching. She is retiring this year.

What's kind of cool is that Don sang with her oldest son and I sang with her youngest son. And her oldest son is the music teacher.

These are some of the things that make living in a small community pretty cool.