Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tea For One

Ryan often has a difficult time entertaining himself during the day. When he does come up with something to do it almost never involves toys from the many in the toy room. It often involves something "illegal", especially relating to water: the hose, the bathroom sink, the kitchen sink, or did I mention the hose?

A few weeks ago, I found Ryan entertaining himself. (I have found him entertaining himself since then, but this was cute enough to break out the camera.) Although it did involve water, I didn't mind because it was in a controlled environment. Ryan placed himself in the circle of a hula hoop and had a little solo tea party. I tried taking photos by stealth, but eventually he spotted me. His reaction was priceless: (in a loud, but very proper voice) "My, my!"

I couldn't stop laughing, and the spell was broken. No more proper tea-(really water)-drinking boy. The next photo was typical Ryan: let's see if I can take a swig with the whole cup in my mouth.

No comments: