Thursday, January 14, 2010

Our First Season of Baseball (2009)

Last spring I hesitantly signed Todd up for baseball. I can't say I regret it. But neither can I say I always had the best attitude. I was nervous about how the baseball schedule might disrupt our afternoon and evening activities of homework, piano lessons, free time, and most importantly, family dinner. It all worked out (thanks to help of extended family many-a-night), and Todd had a great time. However, with baseball season approaching in mid-February, I find that I am feeling that same sense of dread--especially with two boys playing this season.

Both boys are looking forward to the season starting. I need to keep reminding myself that it will all work our fine, just as it did last year. I know that I will have to rely on Oma and Papa to help out even more this year since both my piano lessons and the number of baseball players in our home have doubled. I am so thankful to have grandparents so close, and I am thankful that they are looking forward to being involved with the boys sports (probably more than I am, to be honest).

So, to remind myself that it wasn't so bad, let's take a look at all the fun we had last year.

First team meeting in uniform before Opening Ceremonies.

Todd takes his running seriously.

The boys had a blast on Opening Day with the inflatable slides, cake walk, trampoline, and more! I didn't love spending the money that I did, but....I guess it's for a good cause, and the boys really had a fun time.



Thank goodness for an active and helpful Oma!
Ryan often got bored being a spectator. If he wasn't able to find some kids to run around and play with he was usually sitting in someone's lap.

Todd took playing baseball seriously, and learned a lot more about the game last year.

Patiently waiting his turn, and keeping a close eye on the progress of the game.


Good job, Todd!

End-of-the-year team party.
So proud of his trophy!
Hurrah! It's over! (My sentiments--Todd probably felt otherwise.)

No comments: