While this approach may not be the most kind, gentle, or understanding, his heart is in the right place.
[Ryan, talking to our next door neighbor Logan and Logan's cousin]
Ryan: Do you go to church?
Cousin: Well, sometimes yes and sometimes no.
Ryan: Oh. Well, you should every Sunday.
Cousin: Sometimes when I don't go, I stay on the couch and watch T.V.
Ryan (somewhat shocked, and very serious): Oh! That's a baaaad idea.
[To get the full effect, you really have to hear Ryan's emphasis. I need a way to bottle Ryan's manner of speech. I haven't been able to record it yet, because he never talks that way on demand. So often when I try to blog about his little sayings I fall short. I just can't convey them the same way without his tone of voice. I love hearing him talk about something he feel strongly about.]
No comments:
Post a Comment