Tuesday, July 8, 2008

European Chocolate

I am very proud of my high school alma mater and its choral department. This year the Niceville Singers traveled to Italy (why didn't I get to go anywhere cool like that?!?) for 10 days. A good friend of mine was able to travel with them as a chaperone. Two of her sons were singers in this fantastic choir. Another chaperone was able to film them and posted a few videos to YouTube.

Here is a sampling of some of their performances:
Hark, I Hear the Harps Eternal (I was able to perform this song with the Phyllis Merritt Singers - a fun song to sing.)
Daniel, Servant of the Lord (Even doing an impromptu concert, this group sounds great.)
Break Break Break (a song with great clapping in the song)
Wishing and Hoping (a just-for-fun song)

The choral director Mike Dye (who was also my director many years ago) kept a log of their activities. I have browsed through some of it, but still haven't finished reading about all they did. I got a pretty good account including lots of photos of the trip from my friend Beth. I would still like to read through Mr. Dye's notes when I get a chance.

I have been able to go to many of Niceville's chorus concerts with Beth. She is moving out of state this summer, and I will miss going to the concerts with her this year.

Beth has always been so generous to our family. She brought back some little presents for the boys, a beautiful Italian scarf for me, and lots of chocolate which she shared with all of us. I love European milk chocolate. I think it's funny that the chocolate meant for the little kids (like the Kinder chocolate) is some of the stuff that I like the most. I can't handle that dark chocolate, 70% cacao. Beth brought back some of the Kinder Surprise eggs, which I had heard about from Elke but had never seen. The boys were excited to open their eggs and see what the surprise was.

Can you believe that this is what was in Ryan's egg? All the way from Italy!Beth about died when she saw it. I thought is was pretty funny. Sad, but funny.

No comments: