Sunday, March 30, 2008

Ham On My Hands?

Ryan enjoys accessorizing - usually in the form of his construction hat and belts. He got a belt for Christmas from Grandma Donna which he has enjoyed wearing with almost anything. However, the buckles were a little too big to fit through most of his belt loops. So, I kept my eyes opened and finally found a two-pack of braided belts for a price I was willing to pay. Ryan has worn this belt to church a few times.
Recently, however, Ryan has shown interest in wearing a tie. I have not yet been successful in finding a tie for a little boy that is not a clip-on. [I guess I need to shop in stores a little classier than Wal-mart, Kmart, Ross, TJMax, and Target!] Though Ryan keeps begging for a "clippy" tie, I am not in favor of that style. I think they are tacky, and I think it would be more distracting for him to be able to easily remove it during church and clip it on to whatever catches his fancy. So, I keep telling him to be patient. We will find a tie for him, as well as a "tie shirt" (white button-up) soon. This morning, after going through the "tie talk" again, I realized that Ryan already had a "tie shirt" in his closet (albeit, a patterned shirt). And, since Brett is not getting much use out of them, why not let Ryan wear one of Daddy's? Ryan was thrilled, and kept his tie on all morning. When we got home from work, I wanted to take a photo of my darling boy in front of our colorful snapdragons. What a great photo op. Unfortunately, this was the best I got.
The only reason I even got him smiling is because I made a comment about his "monkey-face" in all of the previous photos. "Monkey-face?...ha, ha, ha, ha!"

No comments: