On Sunday evening the boys and I were discussing our plans for the next day. I had told them that after taking care of a couple of things in the morning I was going to
mop the floor. It needed it badly and was at the top of my chores list. Monday came and went and the mopping still hadn't been done. Tuesday was going to be a busy day, but I was still planning on getting that kitchen floor done. I got the boys some cereal in the morning then hopped into the shower. When I came out I saw that the boys had decided to do my mopping for me. I hid my discomfort: the floor hadn't been swept yet, which would mean a little more work for me while I finished the floor. And I was afraid that the water would be everywhere (it wasn't that bad, actually). Instead, I responded with a sincere thank you. I told them how thoughtful they were--
so thoughtful.
A little later Uncle Mark stopped by and heard the boys saying that they should get some flowers for me. Sure enough, they asked to borrow my scissors and came back with some flowers cut from the garden.
I don't know what I did to deserve their thoughtfulness this week, but as I look at the beautiful flowers in my kitchen window I am reminded that my crazy summer monkeys are really sweet boys.
2 comments:
How sweet!
Aww, so sweet of them and such beautiful flowers!
Post a Comment