Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Quiet Game

During our late lunch this afternoon the boys started playing "The Quiet Game" against each other. Ryan said the loser should drink a half cup of lemon juice. Then he went about trying to lose the game. That boy loves lemons. Daddy saw the silly cheating going on and made up a rule that the loser would have to drink a juice of his choice. We all watched as Brett mixed together olive juice, a dash or two of green Tabasco sauce, some BBQ sauce, a little vinaigrette, and a few squirts of lemon juice. What started out as a little fun has become serious business! The house has never been so quiet. I'm pretty sure that I wasn't part of the game to begin with, but you better believe that this trap door won't be the first to open!

Update: Our house was quiet for over half an hour. A very strange, almost uncomfortable quiet, considering that all four of us were in the house, wide awake. Ryan did the best of all of us, retreating to his room and playing by himself. Finally, the pressure was too much for him. Brett and I watched Ryan come into the kitchen, dip a spoon into the glass waiting on the table, consider the taste . . . and drink it up. Todd, not wanting to be left out, sampled it as well. But it was Ryan who started and finished drinking the two tablespoons of Dad Juice. He followed it up with a loud, "Yay!" that had me and Brett busting up. Far from being the loser in this game, I think Ryan beat us all.

[Ryan said the Dad Juice really wasn't that bad, except for the taste of the BBQ sauce.]

1 comment:

dcmitchell said...

I don't much like the tast of BBQ either, so I'm with him on that one.