Happy Star Wars Day!
Did you just say, "Huh"? Or am I the only one who has never heard of this before? I was greeted with multiple Star Wars greetings today on Facebook. Time to set in the Mom guilt. I haven't planned my food and entertainment around the movies. A missed opportunity for fun family together time. I feel a little better knowing that the dog on dogpile.com didn't dress up as Luke Skywalker. It can't be a real holiday if he doesn't acknowledge it.
What makes today Stars Wars Day? Thankfully, there were clues: "May the Fourth be with you." Apparently, Star Wars is not on my radar much. Although just yesterday I was thinking that when I vacuum my kitchen doormat it sounds just like Chewbacca.
Tomorrow, of course, is Cinco de Mayo. Another opportunity to plan my food and entertainment for fun family together time. I'll have to check to see if dopile dresses up for that one. I wasn't planning on doing anything special, but on the way home from baseball tonight Todd asked me if we could have tacos for dinner tomorrow. After all, it is Eat Mexican Night.
Before Stars Wars Day came along, there was March Fourth. I liked the idea of a family coming up with goals together and Marching Forth to accomplish them. But, I always let the day pass without doing anything.
Do I sound a little cynical? Do I sound like I am not a fan of holidays? On the contrary, I like celebrating holidays and having traditions. I like making special homemade cakes for family birthdays. I like having fun family together time. I just have a hard time adding anything extra fun and cutesy to our regular routine. And that makes me a little sad.
No comments:
Post a Comment