My family has been working together (unintentionally) to change my ways and become more of a morning person. I have been making an effort lately to go to be earlier (like 10:00pm early). I was forced into doing this because of the true morning people in my home, especially Brett and Todd.
It's a good system on school days. I like getting up at 6:30am and having time to get everything done without feeling crazy in the morning rush to get the kids on the bus. The only way I can feel refreshed enough to face the morning rush is if I go to by bed by 10:00 or 10:30pm.
The problem comes on the weekends (or other rebellious nights) when my night-owl tendencies keep me up doing this, that, or the other, until midnight. At least I have a balanced checkbook to show for my efforts last night, on top of a girls night out with my sister-in-law. But when 6:08am showed up I couldn't get myself back to sleep. I stayed in bed trying to force myself to sleep, with no success. I am dragging now.
Todd, on the other hand, has been enjoying a lovely morning. I am sure he was awake before 6:00am. And he was singing the National Anthem, reading Diary of a Wimpy Kid, practicing the piano, eating candy (!!), and just playing--all before 7:00am.
Brett was gone fishing who-knows-when, well before sun-up.
So, yet again, I have learned my lesson. It is impossible to sleep in, try as I might. The only way to feel good in the morning is to put myself to bed at a reasonable hour. To bed early tonight! Really!
(We'll see if I remember this lesson next weekend.)
No comments:
Post a Comment